Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Honey Mustard Potatoes

Potatoes! Delicious!

Ingredients:

  • 9 or 10 red potatoes, cubed
  • 1/4 large white onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp mustard (Bavarian)
  • dash of salt
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Process:
  1. Lightly coat cooking pan (I used 9x9) with spray. Cover bottom of pan with single layer of potatoes.
  2. Spread onions over potatoes.
  3. Mix butter, honey, mustard, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder together. Pour over potatoes. Stir mixture in pan to coat potatoes.
  4. Cover with foil and bake at 375F for 25 minutes.
  5. Stir, remove foil, and continue baking for another 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
This was so delicious. I adapted a recipe I found online, and my big problems were that my pan was too big for the amount of potatoes I made; and the butter and honey mixture did not make enough. I think next time I will make more of that mixture, and mix everything together in a bowl before pouring into the pan to ensure that all of the potatoes are evenly coated.

I went ahead and ate this along with some yellow corn and one of Morningstar's Chik'n patties. Yummy!

The finished potatoes (looking very small in their pan)

Final meal

No comments:

Post a Comment